Kraków Central Train Station is the primary station for the city of Kraków.
The original Kraków train station building, now a museum – image © Guillaume Speurt
Recently, a new transport interchange was developed which includes a coach station and an express tram line. A new urban shopping centre Galeria Krakowska (Kraków Gallery) opened in September 2006 with the adjacent parking for 1,400 cars. The construction of the Galeria Krakowska and remodelling of the area in front of the main station building meant that taxis are no longer able to drive up to the station, or to collect passengers directly from the main entrance; however, the free overhead parking and pick-up right above the tracks is even closer now, with a convenient one-flight elevator.
The station is currently undergoing a multimillion Polish złoty refurbishment to improve passengers’ experience. This project includes the construction of a new underground ticket hall, complete with waiting rooms, travel centres and other amenities. The new underground passage will be located to the north of the current platform underpass and will be connected to the platform level via escalators, it will also provide two new direct exits/entrances to the station complex, one from the lower level of Galeria Krakowska and another from the Regional Bus Station located to the east of the railway station. After completion of the new ticket hall, the current platform underpass is planned undergo refurbishment. As part of this large investment all the platforms and tracks at the station are being torn up and replaced.
Where Is This Place Located?Find this location on the Visit Kraków Google map:
- Open the Visit Kraków map
- Click on a marker and it will give you the name of the landmark, with a brief description and links for more information and directions. You can pan, scroll, and zoom around the map, or use the + or – buttons in the bottom left of the map to zoom in and out
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side, sorted by category. Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Each category is on a different layer, which can be switched on and off. So you can just see the Hotel or Restaurant pins, for example
- If you are using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location
Map pins are color coded:
- YELLOW: Kraków Sightseeing
- GREEN: Kraków Transportation
- DARK RED: Restaurants in Kraków
- ORANGE: Michelin Restaurants in Kraków
- LIGHT RED: Kraków Bars / Clubs / Music Venues
- BLUE: Kraków Hotels
- PURPLE: Shopping In Kraków