Kraków’s nightlife is one of the biggest attractions for visitors to the city. Here is a rundown of some of the best Kraków nightlife venues, what to expect, and a map showing where to find them.
For many visitors the main attraction of Kraków is the nightlife. The Old Town, in particular, and Kazimierz are packed with fantastic basement bars and beer gardens. Scroll down this page to see a list of the major nightlife spots in each district of Kraków and also a Google map showing their locations.
The difference between cafe, bar, venue, and club is not always clear – and one often morphs fluidly into the other depending on the hour. And by hopping from one venue to another, it’s almost always possible to stay out until the sun comes up.
Although many restaurants and pubs will have live music and DJs, there are fewer dedicated music venues in the very centre of Kraków. These tend to cluster around student campuses and may require a bit of travel to reach. And the further from the centre you stray, the fewer bars and clubs you’ll have to choose from. But the Kraków nightlife is constantly changing, so expect great things from areas such as Podgórze in future.
An excellent way to experience Kraków nightlife – and to make some new friends – is to take a guided pub crawl, which usually end up in a club at the end. Guides are fluent in English.
Please note that Kraków’s nightlife is subject to change, and bars are particularly prone to a change of address. It’s wise to check that a venue is open before you set off!
Nightlife In Kraków Old Town
You could probably find a different bar in Kraków Old Town for every day of the year. Our selection should offer something for every taste, but really the fun is in exploring and discovering great basement bars for yourself. Most are open until the early hours. The Old Town is also where you’ll find most of the clubs. The area is still poorly represented by live music, though.
Bars In Kraków Old Town
- Wódka Cafe Bar: This tiny, atmospheric bar is the ideal place to get to know the wide world of Polish vodka; address: ul. Mikołajska 5; opening hours: Mon 3pm-12midnight, Tue-Wed 3pm-1am, Thu 3pm-2am, Fri 1pm-2am, Sat 1pm-1am, Sun 1pm-12midnight; website: wodkabar.pl.
- Międzymiastowa: Right on Rynek Główny, this contemporary restaurant and bar should please most tastes and is a great standby; address: Rynek Główny 34; opening hours: Mon-Thu 12noon-12midnight, Fri 12noon-3am, Sat 10am-3pm, Sun 10am-12midnight; website: facebook.com/miedzymiastowakrakow.
- Lindo Bar: Tucked just inside the Old Town, Lindo is a colourful, lively gay bar, with seating upstairs and a dancefloor on the lower level; address: ul. Sławkowska 23; opening hours: Mon-Wed 4pm-2am, Thu 4pm-3am, Sat 4pm-5am, Sun 4pm-1am; website: facebook.com/LindoKrakow.
- Mr. Black Cocktail Bar: Vintage cocktail bar, close enough to the main square, with a huge range of drinks and welcoming bartenders; address: Szewska 21/6 2nd Floor; opening hours: Sun & Tue-Thu 5pm-1am, Fri-Sat 5pm-2.30am; website: facebook.com/bar.mr.black.
- Polski Pub: Right on the top edge of Rynek Główny, with plenty of seating outside, Polski Pub makes a handy meeting point. You can eat, drink, and watch sports on the screens inside; address: Rynek Główny 44; opening hours: daily 9am-12midnight; website: rynek44.pl/pub.html.
- Movida Cocktail Bar: Movida pitches itself as the Kraków hangout where you’ll bump into the stars. True or not, there’s an extensive menu of well-made and well-priced cocktails; address: Mikołajska 9; opening hours: daily 4.30pm-12midnight; website: movida-bar.pl/en.
Wódka Café Bar
Music Venues In Kraków Old Town
- Harris Piano Jazz Bar: As the name suggests, this excellent Main Square venue starts with jazz and works out to include live blues, funk, soul, and hip-hop; address: Rynek Główny 28; opening hours: Mon-Fri opens 1pm, Sat-Sun opens 12noon, closes “when the last guest leaves”; website: harris.krakow.pl/en.
- Klub RE: Bar with beer garden and regular live indie music events; address: ul. św. Krzyża 4; opening hours: daily 12noon-2am; website: klubre.pl.
- Chopin Concert Hall: Daily piano performances of Chopin music in the 15th-century Dębinskim; address: ul. Sławkowska 14; opening hours: daily from 7.30pm; website: cracowconcerts.com/chopin-concerts.
- Szpitalna 1: Club and live music venue, with excellent sound system and underground vibe; address: ul. Szpitalna 1; opening hours: Wed-Thu 6pm-2.30am, Fri-Sat 6pm-7am, Sun 6pm-12midnight; website: facebook.com/szpitalna1.
Clubs In Kraków Old Town
- Klub Społem Deluxe: Cellar dive bar with vintage posters on the brickwork and a simple dance floor; address: ul. Floriańska 53; opening hours: daily 6pm-3am; website: facebook.com/spolemdeluxe.
- Choice Club: A classy, exclusive, almost sci-fi interior with a VIP service; address: ul. Floriańska 15; opening hours: Thu-Sat 10pm-5am; website: choiceclub.pl/en.
- Frantic Club: Open from Wednesday to Saturday until 5am, Frantic is a lively, bright vodka bar and club in the centre of the Old Town; address: Szewska 5; opening hours: Wed-Sat 10.30pm-5am; website: facebook.com/FranticClub.
- Prozak 2.0: “What happens in Prozak stays in Prozak” – one of Kraków’s oldest electronic club nights; address: plac Dominikański 6; opening hours: Wed 10.30pm-5am, Thu 10.30pm-6am, Fri-Sat 10.30pm-8.30am, Sun 10.30pm-5am; website: facebook.com/ProzakDwaZero.
- Teatro Cubano: Cuban cocktails and high-tempo Latin music, and open until dawn at the weekend; address: ul. Jagiellońska 10; opening hours: Sun-Tue 6pm-4am, Wed-Thu 6pm-5am, Fri-Sat 6pm-6am; website: teatrocubano.com.
Nightlife In Kazimierz
Although Kazimierz is very much part of the tourist trail, it has a very different feel to Kraków’s Old Town and is still less prone to hen and stag parties. The area around plac Nowy is full of nice bars and places to eat but, as with the Old Town, the fun is trying on new places for size and seeing what fits. New venues are opening up all the time. Here are some suggestions to get you started.
Bars In Kazimierz
- Alchemia: Something of a Kazimierz institution, Alchemia lives up to its name in atmosphere with dark interior and moody staff. Good food and great beer; address: ul. Estery 5; opening hours: Sun-Thu 8am-11pm, Fri-Sat 8am-12midnight; website: alchemia.com.pl.
- Weźże Krafta: A new location for this Tytano favourite, with a great selection of craft beers on tap; address: Dajwór 16; opening hours: Mon-Wed 3pm-12midnight, Thu 3pm-1am, Fri 3pm-2am, Sat 1pm-2am, Sun 1pm-12midnight; website: facebook.com/wezzekrafta.
- The Moon Shisha Bar: Relaxed and tucked away, this is a great little secret for shisha smokers, with a strong menu of drinks; address: Berka Joselewicza 21B; opening hours: Sun-Thu 4pm-2am, Fri-Sat 4pm-4am; website: facebook.com/loungebarthemoon.
- Trzcinabar: Great bar with deft cocktail mixology from the excellent staff; address: Beera Meiselsa 22; opening hours: daily 5pm-12midnight; website: facebook.com/trzcinabar.
- Nowy Kraftowy: A fantastic selection of 25 Polish craft beers on tap and appetising food, right in the heart of Kazimierz; address: plac Nowy 8; opening hours: Mon-Fri 3pm-1am, Sat 1pm-2am, Sun 1pm-12midnight; website: facebook.com/nowykraftowy.
- Cosmic Minigolf Pub: A day-glo, fluorescent bar with a minigolf course and other games; address: Św. Agnieszki 9; opening hours: Mon-Thu 4pm-12midnight, Fri-Sat 12noon-1am, Sun 12noon-12midnight; website: cosmicminigolf.pl/en.
Music Venues In Kazimierz
- Alchemia: As well as a lovely bar, the cellar of Alchemia is one of Kraków’s most interesting live venues, with lots of jazz and folk; address: ul. Estery 5; opening hours: Sun-Thu 8am-11pm, Fri-Sat 8am-12midnight; website: alchemia.com.pl.
- Klub Kabaret: As the name suggests, Klub Kabaret is not strictly a music venue and you’re as likely to see can can dancers, but they do host live groups amongst the cabaret shows; address: Krakowska 5; opening hours: Tue-Sun 6pm-2am; website: clubcabaret.pl.
- PUB Propaganda: Soviet-era decoration in this unique tumbledown bar with live ska, reggae, punk and rockabilly; address: Miodowa 20; opening hours: Mon-Thu 5pm-2am, Fri-Sat 6pm-4am, Sun 6pm-2am; website: pubpropaganda.business.site.
- Stara Zajezdnia Kraków by DeSilva: Huge dining hall in an old tram shed, with big sports events on screens, and sometimes live music events; address: Świętego Wawrzyńca 12; opening hours: Mon-Wed 5pm-10pm, Thu 4pm-10pm, Sat 12noon-11pm, Sun 12noon-9pm; website: starazajezdniakrakow.pl.
Clubs In Kazimierz
- Zoo Klub: Popular LGBTQ+ music club with three roomy lounges, a dance floor, and colourful drag; address: ul. Jozefa 6; opening hours: Wed-Thu 4pm-3am, Fri-Sat 4pm-5am; website: facebook.com/ZooKlubMuzyczny.
- Sababa | Cocktail Bar: Glamorous cocktail bar with fancy interiors and top notch staff; address: Szeroka 2; opening hours: Sun & Tue-Wed 6pm-12midnight, Thu 6pm-1am, Sat 6pm-3am; website: facebook.com/SababaCocktails.
- Club Dolce Vita: Cosy disco-pub with a very broad mix of music from different decades; address: ul. Berka Joselewicza 6; opening hours: Thu-Sun 8pm-4am; website: klubdolcevita.com.
Nightlife In Kleparz and Wesoła
You’re unlikely to be looking for action in the areas around the train station unless you’re staying locally and want somewhere nice for a nightcap, or you need to kill some time before catching a train. Our first two suggestions certainly take care of that. The area to the east of the Old Town is also home to some glitzy clubs like Shine.
Bars In Kleparz and Wesoła
- Polibuda Pub: A smart pub with a beer garden. Handy stop off point for the train station; address: ul. Warszawska 17; opening hours: Mon-Tue 9am-12midnight, Wed-Sat 9am-1am, Sun 10am-12midnight; website: facebook.com/PolibudaPub.
- Restauracja Browarna Browar Lubicz: This restaurant in a reclaimed industrial space has an attached brewery; address: ul. Lubicz 17J; opening hours: Mon-Wed 4pm-11pm, Thu4pm-12midnight, Fri 4pm-1am, Sat 2pm-1am, Sun 1pm-9pm; website: en.browar-lubicz.com.pl.
- Diament Pub&Billiard Club: Functional sports bar with pool, darts, wide-screen sports, and karaoke; address: Mikołaja Zyblikiewicza 2; opening hours: Sun-Thu 12noon-12midnight, Fri-Sat 12noon-2am; website: klubdiament.pl.
Music Venues In Kleparz and Wesoła
- Opera Krakowska: State-of-the-art opera and ballet house with two stages; address: Lubicz 48; opening hours: depends on performances; website: opera.krakow.pl.
- Klub Poczta Główna: Usually a club but also has a strong lineup of live bands; address: Wielopole 2; opening hours: depends on performances; website: facebook.com/KlubPocztaGlowna.
- Hype Park: Interesting multi-purpose development to the north of the city, with open-air performance spaces and festivals; address: ul. Kamienna 10/12; opening hours: Thu 6pm-2am, Fri-Sat 6pm-5am, Sun 2pm-1am; website: facebook.com/hypeparkkrakow.
- Forty Kleparz: Restaurant with a variety of different cuisines and live music events; address: Kamienna 2; opening hours: Tue-Thu 12noon-10pm, Fri-Sat 12noon-11pm, Sun 12noon-10pm; website: fortykleparz.pl.
Clubs In Kleparz and Wesoła
- Club Papuga: One of the newer gay clubs on the Kraków scene, Papuga is tropical kitsch with two dancefloors, drag shows, queer bingo, and karaoke; address: ul. Dietla 64; opening hours: Thu 10pm-4am, Fri 10pm-5am, Sat 10pm-6am; website: facebook.com/Club-Papuga-348566072497292.
- Shine Club Kraków: Flash, colourful, and glamorous, Shine is a large, multi-level club with house and Latino music; address: Starowiślna 16; opening hours: Fri 10pm-4am, Sat 10pm-5am; website: krakow.shineclub.com.pl.
Nightlife In Piasek and Nowy Świat
Often overshadowed by the more-famous Old Town and Kazimierz districts, the areas to the west have more than enough to be proud of. There’s a more studious, cafe feel to parts of Piasek and Nowy Świat, and you’ll find some Kraków favourites here. As such, it can be a good place to consider when looking for accommodation. You’ll see a side of the city that many first-time visitors don’t get to see.
Bars In Piasek and Nowy Świat
- Cafe Szafe: A Kraków veteran and the very definition of quirky, Cafe Szafe has a lovely bohemian atmosphere and often holds live events; address: Felicjanek 10; opening hours: Mon-Fri 9am-2am, Sat-Sun 10am-2am; website: facebook.com/KawiarniaCafeSzafe.
- Mercy Brown: Kraków speakeasy vibes with cocktails and swing, live jazz, and burlesque; address: Straszewskiego 28; opening hours: Wed-Sat 7pm-2.30am, Sun 6pm-11pm; website: mercybrown.pl.
- C.K. Browar: with a restaurant, bar, and club on the same premises, the pub has delicious pints fresh from the onsite brewery; address: ul. Podwale 6-7; opening hours: Sat-Mon 12noon-12midnight, Tue-Wed 12noon-1am, Thu-Fri 12noon-2am; website: ckbrowar.pl.
- Taras Widokowy: This is actually the rooftop bar of the Sheraton Hotel, with comfy seating and a glorious view of Wawel Castle; address: Sheraton Krakow Hotel, Powiśle 7; opening hours: Mon-Fri 5pm-11pm Sat-Sun 1pm-11pm; website: taras-loungebar.pl.
- SomePlace Else: The Sheraton also has an American-style sports bar, useful for watching the football with a couple of drinks, and with a nice patio area; address: Sheraton Krakow Hotel, Powiśle 7; opening hours: Tue-Sun 6pm-1am; website: marriott.com/en-us/hotels/krksi-sheraton-grand-krakow/dining.
Music Venues In Piasek and Nowy Świat
- Kijów Centrum: Soviet-era art house cinema with live opera, dance, and cabaret performances; address: al. Krasińskiego 34; opening hours: daily 12noon-11pm; website: kijow.pl.
- Auditorium Maximum Uniwersytetu Jagiellońskiego: University conference and lecture hall that is sometimes used for prestige concerts; address: ul. Krupnicza 33; opening hours: depends on performances; website: konferencje.uj.edu.pl/obiekty-konferencyjne/auditorium-maximum.
- Indalo.Space: An arts cafe and bar, with accommodation attached, this has an intimate performance space for acoustic shows; address: Tarłowska 15; opening hours: Mon-Sat 8.30am-11pm, Sun 9am-11pm; website: facebook.com/indalo.space.
- Garage Pub: Something like a biker bar, the Garage Pub has occasional live music; address: Marszałka Józefa Piłsudskiego 27; opening hours: Tue-Sun 4pm-1am, Mon 4pm-12midnight; website: facebook.com/klubgaragepub.
Clubs In Piasek and Nowy Świat
- Klub30: Over-30s club, as the name suggests, this is an intimate space, with different styles of music over three floors; address: Tadeusza Kościuszki 3; opening hours: Fri-Sat 9pm-4am; website: krakow.klub30.pl.
Nightlife In Podgórze
Despite the excellent museums and galleries, it’s probably still too early to call Podgórze “up and coming”, but I’m sure it’s only a matter of time. For now, there are very promising shoots sprouting up around the area.
Bars In Podgórze
- Punkt Docelowy: Friendly, atmospheric hangout with good music, and all-night opening hours at the weekend; address: Staromostowa 1; opening hours: Tue-Thu 5pm-3am, Fri-Sat 5pm-5am, Sun 5pm-3am; website: facebook.com/punktdocelowy.
- Krako Slow Wines: Close to Schinder’s Factory, this pleasant bar has a wide selection of Central and Eastern European wines and tasty food platters; address: ul. Lipowa 6F; opening hours: Tue-Wed 2pm-11pm, Thu-Sat 2pm-12midnight, Sun 2pm-10pm; website: facebook.com/lipowa6f.
- Barka: Restaurant and bar on a moored barge, with fantastic decktop views across the river; address: Podgórska 16; opening hours: daily 12noon-10pm; website: facebook.com/barkakrakow.
- Voilà Restaurant: Although a restaurant, this is a delightful place to stop off if you find yourself in the Dębniki area, south of the river; address: ul. Konfederacka 4; opening hours: Wed-Thu 5-10pm, Fri-Sat 1pm-10pm, Sun 1pm-7pm; website: voila.restaurant.
Music Venues In Podgórze
- Globus Music Club: Unique and thriving jazz and blues venue, housed in an old shoe factory; address: ul. Węgierska 4; opening hours: Tue-Thu 6pm-11pm, Fri-Sun 6pm-12midnight; website: globusmc.pl.
- PAON: Charming cafe with good food and occasional live performances in the Dębniki district; address: ul. Konfederacka 4; opening hours: Tue-Thu 4pm-1pm, Fri 4pm-1am, Sat 4pm-2am, Sun 4pm-11pm; website: facebook.com/paonkrk.
Clubs In Podgórze
- Drukarnia Club: Riverside bar and cafe, with nice views out front. The basement has live music and club nights at the weekend; address: Nadwiślańska 1; opening hours: Sun-Thu 9am-12midnight, Fri-Sat 9am-3am; website: drukarniaclub.pl.
Nightlife In Western Kraków
There is a fair bit of nightlife in the areas west of the Old Town, but most tourists won’t be staying around here. Forum Przestrzenie is worth the trip along the river for a long afternoon, but otherwise we recommend you stick to more central nightlife. We’ve included some suggestions in case you do find yourself curious.
Bars In Western Kraków
- Forum Przestrzenie: In a former Soviet-era hotel on the riverbank, fascinating Forum Przestrzenie is worth the journey on a warm evening; address: ul. Marii Konopnickiej 28; opening hours: Mon-Thu 10am-12midnight, Fri-Sun 10am-1am; website: forumprzestrzenie.com.
- Zielono Mi: A cosy little local bar, that also serves food and afternoon tea. There’s also a charming garden area; address: ul. Krolowej Jadwigi 4; opening hours: Sun-Thu 6pm-12midnight, Fri-Sat 6pm-3am; website: facebook.com/zieelonomi.
- Browar Górniczo-Hutniczy: Craft beer pub with onsite brewery in the university district that includes some of the venues in the next section; address: ul. Witolda Budryka 4; opening hours: daily 12noon-12midnight; website: bgh.com.pl.
Music Venues In Western Kraków
- Klub Zaścianek: Live music venue located on the AGH University of Science and Technology campus, mainly focused on live rock music; address: Józefa Rostafińskiego 4; opening hours: typically from 7pm, depending on event; website: klubzascianek.pl.
- Klub Studio: Also located on the AGH University of Science and Technology campus, this modern live music and club venue also has an onsite brewery; address: Witolda Budryka 4; opening hours: daily 12noon-12midnight; website: klubstudio.pl.
- ICE Kraków Congress Centre: This 2000-seater conference centre also hosts various kinds of music from contemporary jazz to international pop stars; address: Marii Konopnickiej 17; opening hours: daily 7am-11pm; website: icekrakow.pl.
- Klub Żaczek: Small venue, on the edge of Błonia park, with live music, club nights, and dance classes; address: al. 3 Maja 5; opening hours: Mon-Sat 2pm-12midnight; website: klubzaczek.pl.
Clubs In Western Kraków
- Klub 30: Fancy club with sofa seating and filmstar lighting. I can’t vouch for the music but security have a bit of a rough reputation; address: Tadeusza Kościuszki 3; opening hours: Fri-Sat 9pm-4am; website: krakow.klub30.pl.
Nightlife In Eastern Kraków
The districts east of Kraków’s Old Town are still largely residential, though there are increasingly nice restaurants and cafes springing up, and a handful of promising live venues. Although there isn’t much going on for travellers in terms of clubs at the moment, this will surely change in future.
Bars In Eastern Kraków
- Klub Kombinator: Next to the Teatr in Nowa Huta, this friendly bar is relaxed and makes for a nice early evening stop off if you’re exploring the district; address: Osiedle Szkolne 25; opening hours: Thu-Fri 5pm-10pm, Sat 3pm-11pm, Sun 12noon-10pm; website: klubkombinator.blogspot.com.
Music Venues In Eastern Kraków
- Kwadrat Club: Student venue with live bands and club nights. Tricky to reach without your own transport; address: Stanisława Skarżyńskiego 1; opening hours: Tue-Sat 4pm-12midnight; website: klubkwadrat.pl.
- Tauron Arena Kraków: Stadium sports and music venue, roughly 4km from the centre of Kraków, where the biggest names play; address: Stanisława Lema 7; opening hours: depends on performances; website: tauronarenakrakow.pl.
- Krzysztof Penderecki European Centre for Music: Penderecki was one of the giants of modern Polish music and this centre – 80km from Kraków – promotes musical excellence in young artists. There is also a small concert hall; address: Lusławice 250; opening hours: depends on performances; website: penderecki-center.pl/en.
Map of Kraków Nightlife
We have listed all our recommended bars, clubs, and music venues on the map so you can see exactly where they are.
Each type of landmark has a different colour marker on the map:
- YELLOW: Kraków Sightseeing
- GREEN: Kraków Transportation
- DARK RED: Restaurants in Kraków
- ORANGE: Michelin Restaurants in Kraków
- LIGHT RED: Kraków Bars / Clubs / Music Venues
- BLUE: Kraków Hotels
- PURPLE: Shopping In Kraków
Click on a marker and it will give you the name of the landmark, with a brief description and links for more information and directions. You can pan, scroll, and zoom around the map, or use the + or – buttons in the bottom left of the map to zoom in and out.
Click on the icon in the top left corner for an index of every location, sorted by category. Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want. Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
Each category is on a different layer, which can be switched on and off. So you can just see the Hotel or Restaurant pins, for example.
If you are using the map on your phone, open the Visit Kraków map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.