Dating back to the 14th century, Wierzynek is one of Poland’s oldest restaurants and eating here is a real event. The food is imaginative and the venue itself is stunning. Expensive but worth the outlay.
On a corner of Rynek Główny, Wierzynek is allegedly one of the oldest restaurants in Poland (est. 1364) and eating here brings a real sense of occasion. The venue itself is the very epitome of luxury and has a superb view if you get the right table. The food is traditional Polish and Eastern European game and fish, with some imaginative presentation, especially the ‘porcini mushroom’ ice cream. This restaurant is in the upper bracket but is probably worth the outlay, as the service is excellent and the list of Polish wines very strong.
Wierzynek address: Rynek Główny 16, 31-008 Kraków, Poland
Read more reviews on TripAdvisor.
Where Is This Place Located?Find this location on the Visit Kraków Google map:
- Open the Visit Kraków map
- Click on a marker and it will give you the name of the landmark, with a brief description and links for more information and directions. You can pan, scroll, and zoom around the map, or use the + or – buttons in the bottom left of the map to zoom in and out
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side, sorted by category. Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Each category is on a different layer, which can be switched on and off. So you can just see the Hotel or Restaurant pins, for example
- If you are using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location
Map pins are color coded:
- YELLOW: Kraków Sightseeing
- GREEN: Kraków Transportation
- DARK RED: Restaurants in Kraków
- ORANGE: Michelin Restaurants in Kraków
- LIGHT RED: Kraków Bars / Clubs / Music Venues
- BLUE: Kraków Hotels
- PURPLE: Shopping In Kraków