Hotel Pod Wawelem has some of the best views of Krakow thanks to its excellent location right at the foot of Wawel Hill
Hotel Pod Wawelem
Nested in the shadow of Wawel Hill, 3-star Hotel Pod Wawelem has a terrace restaurant which gazes directly over the river and up to the cathedral and castle grounds. It is probably the best view in town within this price bracket. (Check availability and pricing on Booking.com or Agoda.com).
The rooms are a little small and functional, as you would expect in a mid-priced hotel, but clean and comfortable. Many have a great view of the river. The location is a short (and delightful) walk from the Old Town, and 1km from Market Square.
Similarly, the food is hearty and the breakfast will set you up for a busy day of exploring. Best of all are the staff, who really help the hotel punch above its weight.
Hotel Pod Wawelem
Location and a good view usually come at a price, but Hotel Pod Wawelem keeps both within the mid-range bracket. This is a good choice, especially during the hotter months of the year.
Hotel Pod Wawelem address: pl. Na Groblach 22, Old Town, 31-101 Kraków, Poland
Check Availability and Pricing for the Hotel Pod Wawelem on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
Help With Choosing Your Krakow Hotel
- Kraków Hotels Google Map
- Which District To Stay In Kraków
- Luxury Hotels In Kraków
- Mid-Range Hotels In Kraków
- Budget Hotels In Kraków
- Boutique Hotels In Kraków
- Romantic Hotels In Kraków
- Family Hotels In Kraków
- Business Hotels In Kraków
- Chain Hotels In Kraków
Where Is This Place Located?Find this location on the Visit Kraków Google map:
- Open the Visit Kraków map
- Click on a marker and it will give you the name of the landmark, with a brief description and links for more information and directions. You can pan, scroll, and zoom around the map, or use the + or – buttons in the bottom left of the map to zoom in and out
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side, sorted by category. Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Each category is on a different layer, which can be switched on and off. So you can just see the Hotel or Restaurant pins, for example
- If you are using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location
Map pins are color coded:
- YELLOW: Kraków Sightseeing
- GREEN: Kraków Transportation
- DARK RED: Restaurants in Kraków
- ORANGE: Michelin Restaurants in Kraków
- LIGHT RED: Kraków Bars / Clubs / Music Venues
- BLUE: Kraków Hotels
- PURPLE: Shopping In Kraków
Things To Do In Krakow
Start Planning Your Kraków Trip Now!
:: Find available Kraków hotels on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
:: Wondering where to stay in Krakow before you book your hotel? See our comprehensive guide to the city's most convenient areas for visitors.
:: Find the cheapest flight to Kraków with 12go - one search will show you the prices and times from scores of airlines for your trip. A real timesaver.
:: Book an airport transfer to take you hassle-free direct from the airport to your hotel with the driver meeting you in Arrivals.
:: Find out how to get your phone set up with a SIM card in Kraków.
:: Make sure you don't forget to bring any of the essentials with our comprehensive Packing List For Kraków.
:: World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world.
:: Get a KrakowCard 1-, 2- or 3-day pass that gives entry to almost 40 of the Kraków's fantastic attractions and unlimited use of the city's bus and tram network.
:: Need inspiration? Check our Kraków Itineraries for two-day, three-day, and four-day trips, as well as our Things To Do In Kraków guide for ideas of where to do and what to do.