Hotel Pod Wawelem has some of the best views of Krakow thanks to its excellent location right at the foot of Wawel Hill
Hotel Pod Wawelem
Nested in the shadow of Wawel Hill, 3-star Hotel Pod Wawelem has a terrace restaurant which gazes directly over the river and up to the cathedral and castle grounds. It is probably the best view in town within this price bracket. (Check availability and pricing on Booking.com or Agoda.com).
The rooms are a little small and functional, as you would expect in a mid-priced hotel, but clean and comfortable. Many have a great view of the river. The location is a short (and delightful) walk from the Old Town, and 1km from Market Square.
Similarly, the food is hearty and the breakfast will set you up for a busy day of exploring. Best of all are the staff, who really help the hotel punch above its weight.
Hotel Pod Wawelem
Location and a good view usually come at a price, but Hotel Pod Wawelem keeps both within the mid-range bracket. This is a good choice, especially during the hotter months of the year.
Hotel Pod Wawelem address: pl. Na Groblach 22, Old Town, 31-101 Kraków, Poland
Help With Choosing Your Krakow Hotel
- Kraków Hotels Google Map
- Where To Stay In Kraków
- Best New Kraków Hotels 2023
- Luxury Hotels In Kraków
- Mid-Range Hotels In Kraków
- Budget Hotels In Kraków
- Boutique Hotels In Kraków
- Romantic Hotels In Kraków
- Family Hotels In Kraków
- Business Hotels In Kraków
- Chain Hotels In Kraków
Where Is This Place Located?Find this location on the Visit Kraków Google map:
- Open the Visit Kraków map
- Click on a marker and it will give you the name of the landmark, with a brief description and links for more information and directions. You can pan, scroll, and zoom around the map, or use the + or – buttons in the bottom left of the map to zoom in and out
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side, sorted by category. Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Each category is on a different layer, which can be switched on and off. So you can just see the Hotel or Restaurant pins, for example
- If you are using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location
Map pins are color coded:
- YELLOW: Kraków Sightseeing
- GREEN: Kraków Transportation
- DARK RED: Restaurants in Kraków
- ORANGE: Michelin Restaurants in Kraków
- LIGHT RED: Kraków Bars / Clubs / Music Venues
- BLUE: Kraków Hotels
- PURPLE: Shopping In Kraków