For many, early spring is the perfect time to visit Kraków. Crisp weather and still relatively little rainfall, but also much quieter than peak season. Unless, of course, Easter falls during April, which always brings crowds of pilgrims to the city.
April can be something of a sweet spot for visiting Kraków. The days are getting longer and the temperatures are up, but there’s usually a slight dip in rainfall, compared to March.
But the experience will be radically different depending on whether Easter weekend falls in April that year. Kraków is a place of pilgrimage, so you may struggle to find affordable accommodation or flights, as places get booked up many months in advance.
If Easter is already past, you may be in luck, as April will be relatively crowd-free and cheaper to visit, but with some nice spring weather.
April temperatures in Kraków:
- Average high: 12°C / 54°F
- Average low: 3°C / 37°F
Average April rainfall in Kraków:
- 39 mm / 15 days
Average April daily sunshine in Kraków:
- 5 hours
Kraków Festivals And Events In April
- Easter – The dates for Easter change every year, so it’s good to keep them firmly in mind if you’re planning a Kraków trip in March or April. We’ve listed the dates for this year and the next, so you can plan accordingly. You’ll also find information about what to expect in Kraków over the Easter weekend.
- Misteria Paschalia – Misteria Paschalia is an early music festival that coincides with Easter every year.
- As with March, the weather in Kraków during April can be a little unpredictable. Rain is possible at any time of year, but climate change has brought hot weather much earlier over recent years. Pack layers that prepare for different outcomes and see our Kraków packing list for advice on what to bring.
- Kraków has something for every weather. If it’s hot, you are close to the outdoor attractions of Zakopane. This mountain region is only a few hours from Kraków and very easy to reach.
- On the other hand, rainy days are great for the museums and other indoor attractions all over the city. The KrakowCard Museum and Travel Pass can be a good way to see these on a particularly wet day.
Kraków Weather Month By Month
- Kraków Climate – When Is Best To Go To Kraków?
- Kraków Weather In January
- Kraków Weather In February
- Kraków Weather In March
- Kraków Weather In April
- Kraków Weather In May
- Kraków Weather In June
- Kraków Weather In July
- Kraków Weather In August
- Kraków Weather In September
- Kraków Weather In October
- Kraków Weather In November
- Kraków Weather In December