June brings warmer weather to Kraków, but also a fair bit of rain. Easter aside, this is the first really busy period of the year, so book well in advance.
As spring moves towards summer, the evenings start to warm up a bit in Kraków, and the daylight stretches out. However, June is also a notoriously wet month, so be sure to bring a brolly and light waterproofs.
June is also the start of Kraków’s busy festival calendar – see below. The weather and number of things to do always brings the crowds, so be sure to book your flights and accommodation a few months in advance, otherwise you may end up paying more than you have to.
June temperatures in Kraków:
- Average high: 22°C / 72°F
- Average low: 11°C / 52°F
Average June rainfall in Kraków:
- 60 mm / 17 days
Average June daily sunshine in Kraków:
- 7 hours
Kraków Festivals And Events In June
- Dragon Parade – Once a year, the dragon escapes from beneath Wawel Castle and becomes the star of this fun two-day pageant and parade. There are river floats and spectacular lights, and lots of music and noise.
- Kraków Film Festival – Starting at the end of May, Kraków Film Festival is an eight-day showcase of the best in contemporary international and home-grown cinema.
- Jewish Culture Festival – Now running for more than 30 years, the Jewish Culture Festival is a huge event with artists from all over the Diaspora.
- Cracovia Cantans – Cracovia Cantans is an annual festival and competition, that brings choirs from all over the world to perform in some of the city’s most stunning locations.
- Wianki – Traditionally a midsummer solstice festival and pagan ritutal, Wianki has been updated to a big music festival with medieval elements, such as the floating of wreaths down the Vistula river.
- Make sure you dress appropriately for this time of year. It’s warm enough to dress down, but waterproof boots and foldaway rain protection is essential. See our full Kraków packing list for more advice on what to take.
- Rainy days are great for the museums and other indoor attractions all over the city. The KrakowCard Museum and Travel Pass can be a good way to see these during a particularly soggy spell.
- We’ve listed the main events above, but you’ll also find the Bread Festival and a summer celebration of opera during June.
Kraków Weather Month By Month
- Kraków Climate – When Is Best To Go To Kraków?
- Kraków Weather In January
- Kraków Weather In February
- Kraków Weather In March
- Kraków Weather In April
- Kraków Weather In May
- Kraków Weather In June
- Kraków Weather In July
- Kraków Weather In August
- Kraków Weather In September
- Kraków Weather In October
- Kraków Weather In November
- Kraków Weather In December