One of the darker and colder months of the Kraków year, November is a good time to pick up a bargain. Just be sure you pack for chilly nights!
Like February, November is an usual month to visit Kraków. It’s definitely getting cold and the days are much shorter. But there’s relatively little rainfall and the peak-season crowds have fallen away.
The city actually looks very romantic at this time of year, and there is still plenty to do. What’s more, you’ll have a lot of attractions largely to yourself. If you dress up warm, this is a great time of year to pick up a bargain.
November temperatures in Kraków:
- Average high: 5°C / 41°F
- Average low: 0°C / 32°F
Average November rainfall in Kraków:
- 33 mm / 15 days
Average November daily sunshine in Kraków:
- 2 hours
Kraków Festivals And Events In November
- Jazz All Souls’ Day – As the oldest jazz festival in Kraków, Jazz All Souls’ Day has a venerable history behind it.
- Etiuda & Anima International Film Festival – Etiuda & Anima has twin ambitions: to highlight the work of film students and art schools around the world, and to bring the best in animation to the festival.
- November 1 – All Saints’ Day: All Saints is a day for remembering the departed with candlelit vigils in Kraków’s cemeteries. It is an intensely evocative experience. However, it is also a non-working day and nearly everything, except public transport and small convenience stores, is likely to be closed.
- November 11 – Independence Day: Marking the restoration of Poland’s independence at the end of WWI, this is public holiday with parades and a show of patriotism. Banks, museums, and larger shops will be closed. Restaurants and bars remain open.
- You should have different expectations depending on which end of November you plan to visit. The early part of the month may still be relatively warm, with the end of the autumn harvest on display in the markets. By the end of the month, Christmas markets are already opening and there’s a more festive sense to the city.
- Book early and you’ll also get some great flight and accommodation bargains.
- Make sure you dress appropriately for this time of year. Kraków is very cosy in November, but staying warm is especially important for comfort. See our full Kraków packing list for more advice on what to take.
Kraków Weather Month By Month
- Kraków Climate – When Is Best To Go To Kraków?
- Kraków Weather In January
- Kraków Weather In February
- Kraków Weather In March
- Kraków Weather In April
- Kraków Weather In May
- Kraków Weather In June
- Kraków Weather In July
- Kraków Weather In August
- Kraków Weather In September
- Kraków Weather In October
- Kraków Weather In November
- Kraków Weather In December