The colder months in Kraków are surprisingly also generally much drier. There’s a dip in temperature and the days are noticeably shorter, but there’s a big drop in rainfall too!
Ulica Juliana Dunajewskiego – image © Mach240390 / CC BY 4.0
For many, October is a perfect month to visit Kraków. The high season has ended and, though it may be chillier, there’s much less chance of rain. You’ll need to be a bit cannier with your packing, but autumnal city looks beautiful.
What’s more, there are some excellent festivals on during the month, for fans of different styles of music – see below – and a few strong events for literary types.
October temperatures in Kraków:
- Average high: 13°C / 55°F
- Average low: 5°C / 41°F
Average October rainfall in Kraków:
- 33 mm / 16 days
Average October daily sunshine in Kraków:
- 3 hours
Kraków Festivals And Events In October
- International Royal Cracow Piano Festival – Designed to encourage the best pianists in the world to perform in Kraków, the International Royal Cracow Piano Festival has been running since 2009 and showcases piano masters and prodigies.
- Unsound Festival – Unsound Festival features electronic, experimental, and dance music at a number of venues across Kraków, alongside other art events.
- Conrad Festival – Some of literature’s heavy hitters gather each year at the Conrad Festival – named in honour of the Polish writer Joseph Conrad. The festival coincides with Kraków Book Fair.
- Jazz Autumn – Taking place in a number of cool locations, Jazz Autumn is a festival with the best of contemporary and improvisatory music.
- The days really start to get darker by the end of October. Don’t forget that the clocks change on the last Sunday of the month! You don’t want to miss your flight!
- As with the September harvest, October is Kraków’s big month for fresh mushrooms. This is a great time of year to use the city’s excellent fruit and veg markets!
- If you hit a cold snap outdoors, you could consider investing in a KrakowCard to give you cheap access to Kraków’s many indoor attractions.
Kraków Weather Month By Month
- Kraków Climate – When Is Best To Go To Kraków?
- Kraków Weather In January
- Kraków Weather In February
- Kraków Weather In March
- Kraków Weather In April
- Kraków Weather In May
- Kraków Weather In June
- Kraków Weather In July
- Kraków Weather In August
- Kraków Weather In September
- Kraków Weather In October
- Kraków Weather In November
- Kraków Weather In December
Things To Do In Krakow
Start Planning Your Kraków Trip Now!
:: Find available Kraków hotels on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
:: Wondering where to stay in Krakow before you book your hotel? See our comprehensive guide to the city's most convenient areas for visitors.
:: Find the cheapest flight to Kraków with 12go - one search will show you the prices and times from scores of airlines for your trip. A real timesaver.
:: Book an airport transfer to take you hassle-free direct from the airport to your hotel with the driver meeting you in Arrivals.
:: Find out how to get your phone set up with a SIM card in Kraków.
:: Make sure you don't forget to bring any of the essentials with our comprehensive Packing List For Kraków.
:: World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world.
:: Get a KrakowCard 1-, 2- or 3-day pass that gives entry to almost 40 of the Kraków's fantastic attractions and unlimited use of the city's bus and tram network.
:: Need inspiration? Check our Kraków Itineraries for two-day, three-day, and four-day trips, as well as our Things To Do In Kraków guide for ideas of where to do and what to do.