September in Kraków should still be warm, but temperatures are definitely dwindling. On the plus side, it’s one of the city’s drier months and there should be less crowds around.
Kraków is still relatively warm in September but there may be a slight chill in the evenings, and the days are definitely getting shorter. You should start to feel the change of season. Summer can be wet but this month sees a slight drop in rainfall.
September also sees a lot of cultural events and festivals which, along with a reduced number of other tourists, make it a really attractive month to visit. A personal highlight is the charming Dachshund Parade, where dozens of these inquisitive canines dress up and show off their finery in the Old Town!
September temperatures in Kraków:
- Average high: 19°C / 66°F
- Average low: 9°C / 48°F
Average September rainfall in Kraków:
- 45 mm / 14 days
Average September daily sunshine in Kraków:
- 5 hours
Kraków Festivals And Events In September
- Dachshund Parade – Every September, on the first or second Sunday of the month, dozens of dachshunds take to the streets of Kraków for the Marsz Jamnikow, many of them in little costumes. Eventually two of the little fellows are crowned king and queen of the festival.
- Kraków Film Music Festival – With previous visits from Hans Zimmer, Howard Shore, and Cliff Martinez, the Kraków Film Music Festival celebrates the art of the score.
- Sfogato Festival – Kraków’s annual tribute to national hero Frederic Chopin, the Sfogato Festival takes place over four days every September.
- Sacrum Profanum – Sacrum Profanum is an experimental music festival with contemporary classical composition mixed with other modern genres.
- September is a relatively straightforward month to pack for. You can dress light, but bring a foldable, waterproof layer and comfortable footwear. See our full Kraków packing list for more advice on what to take.
- This is a good month to visit Kraków’s markets, as the fruits of the harvest start to appear. Fresh hazelnuts and walnuts, in particular, come into season from local growers.
- As the crowds start to die away and the mild weather holds, September is a good month to do a lot of sightseeing. See our Two-Day Kraków Itinerary, Three-Day Kraków Itinerary and our Four-Day Kraków Itinerary pages.
Kraków Weather Month By Month
- Kraków Climate – When Is Best To Go To Kraków?
- Kraków Weather In January
- Kraków Weather In February
- Kraków Weather In March
- Kraków Weather In April
- Kraków Weather In May
- Kraków Weather In June
- Kraków Weather In July
- Kraków Weather In August
- Kraków Weather In September
- Kraków Weather In October
- Kraków Weather In November
- Kraków Weather In December