Hearty regional fare for a reasonable price. Czarna Kaczka means black duck and that’s exactly the kind of traditional dish they specialise in.
Czarna Kaczka – The Black Duck
Located in the southern half of Kraków’s Old Town, Czarna Kaczka is a medium-priced restaurant specialising in traditional Polish cooking. As the name suggests, the signature dishes involved duck, but there are plenty of other attractive items, including potato pancakes and goulash. There’s a summer garden and worth trying if you haven’t booked, as there’s sometimes a table available.
Czarna Kaczka address: Poselska 22, 31-002 Kraków, Poland
Read more reviews on TripAdvisor.
Where Is This Place Located?Find this location on the Visit Kraków Google map:
- Open the Visit Kraków map
- Click on a marker and it will give you the name of the landmark, with a brief description and links for more information and directions. You can pan, scroll, and zoom around the map, or use the + or – buttons in the bottom left of the map to zoom in and out
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side, sorted by category. Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Each category is on a different layer, which can be switched on and off. So you can just see the Hotel or Restaurant pins, for example
- If you are using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location
Map pins are color coded:
- YELLOW: Kraków Sightseeing
- GREEN: Kraków Transportation
- DARK RED: Restaurants in Kraków
- ORANGE: Michelin Restaurants in Kraków
- LIGHT RED: Kraków Bars / Clubs / Music Venues
- BLUE: Kraków Hotels
- PURPLE: Shopping In Kraków