The grand exterior and classical European style make historical Hotel Polonia an attractive, if faded, choice in a convenient location
An imposing and venerable sight, equidistant from the train station and the Old Town’s Planty Park, the 3-star Hotel Polonia is a slightly faded memory of past travels. From the red brick exterior to the checkered lobby, this is one for the nostalgics. (Check availability and pricing on Booking.com or Agoda.com).
In truth, you are never sure exactly what kind of room you will end up with. Some are traditional with surprising details, some have a modern touch, others are a little drab, to be honest. But the hotel is very clean and the bathrooms are generally good. And, for some, the Polonia is the very definition of charm.
The real plus is the location. It is one of Kraków’s best connected hotels. The main train station – and shopping mall – are across the road. All the key trams stop directly outside. Planty Park and key Old Town attractions are minutes away by foot. So it’s perfect for any kind of Kraków sightseeing.
Although not to every taste, Hotel Polonia definitely has its fans and, for a 3-star hotel, it’s actually very grand. Most of all, it is one of the city’s most convenient places to stay.
Hotel Polonia address: Basztowa 25, Old Town, 31-156 Kraków, Poland
Help With Choosing Your Krakow Hotel
- Kraków Hotels Google Map
- Where To Stay In Kraków
- Best New Kraków Hotels 2023
- Luxury Hotels In Kraków
- Mid-Range Hotels In Kraków
- Budget Hotels In Kraków
- Boutique Hotels In Kraków
- Romantic Hotels In Kraków
- Family Hotels In Kraków
- Business Hotels In Kraków
- Chain Hotels In Kraków
Where Is This Place Located?Find this location on the Visit Kraków Google map:
- Open the Visit Kraków map
- Click on a marker and it will give you the name of the landmark, with a brief description and links for more information and directions. You can pan, scroll, and zoom around the map, or use the + or – buttons in the bottom left of the map to zoom in and out
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side, sorted by category. Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Each category is on a different layer, which can be switched on and off. So you can just see the Hotel or Restaurant pins, for example
- If you are using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location
Map pins are color coded:
- YELLOW: Kraków Sightseeing
- GREEN: Kraków Transportation
- DARK RED: Restaurants in Kraków
- ORANGE: Michelin Restaurants in Kraków
- LIGHT RED: Kraków Bars / Clubs / Music Venues
- BLUE: Kraków Hotels
- PURPLE: Shopping In Kraków