Jama Michalika is hard to beat for history and atmosphere, although the dining experience can leave a lot to be desired. Drop in for a drink and a peak instead.
Kawiarnia Jama Michalika
The venue itself is historic and hugely atmospheric. Jama Michalika is as much a living museum as Polish restaurant. The menu is extensive and features the full traditional list of pierogi and meat dishes. However, both quality and service are very hit and miss, and you may find yourself called on to take part in the floorshow if you eat here in the evening. Drop in for a drink at the bar and take a sneak peak at the fabulous interior instead.
Kawiarnia Jama Michalika address: Floriańska 45, 31-019 Kraków, Poland
Read more reviews on TripAdvisor.
Where Is This Place Located?Find this location on the Visit Kraków Google map:
- Open the Visit Kraków map
- Click on a marker and it will give you the name of the landmark, with a brief description and links for more information and directions. You can pan, scroll, and zoom around the map, or use the + or – buttons in the bottom left of the map to zoom in and out
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side, sorted by category. Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Each category is on a different layer, which can be switched on and off. So you can just see the Hotel or Restaurant pins, for example
- If you are using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location
Map pins are color coded:
- YELLOW: Kraków Sightseeing
- GREEN: Kraków Transportation
- DARK RED: Restaurants in Kraków
- ORANGE: Michelin Restaurants in Kraków
- LIGHT RED: Kraków Bars / Clubs / Music Venues
- BLUE: Kraków Hotels
- PURPLE: Shopping In Kraków